Houston Commercial Lease Attorneys
It makes a big difference whose commercial lease you are signing: one you drafted, or one the other party drafted. If the other party drafted it with the help of their lawyers, they have created it to benefit themselves. They have probably also used terminology they expect to be interpreted in their favor, should litigation be necessary.
Depending on your bargaining position, you may be required to sign the other party’s standard form. Or you may be asking them to sign your standard lease contract.
You need an experienced attorney to help you understand all terms of the contract, and also to help in lease negotiation to remove unfavorable terms and include terms that protect you.
Houston Commercial Lease Lawyers
Our firm can create a standard form for you, or an individual lease contract. Examples of terms you will want to consider are:
- Personal guarantees –will the personal liability of the Guarantor be limited or absolute?
- Default – what constitutes default and what remedies will be available to you?
- Notice and cure – What if any notice is required before the landlord may lock the tenant out for missing a rent payment?
- Sale of tenant’s business or landlord’s property – can the lease be assigned by the landlord or by the tenant, and if so, under what circumstances? Is a lockouts for failure to pay rents owed allowed?
- Damage to the building – would rent abatement be available?
When you work with Alan R. Scheinthal, Attorney at Law, you will know who your attorney is. We have chosen to practice in an intimate setting rather than the layered organizational structure found in most of the larger law firms. You will communicate with the attorneys who are actually in charge of your case rather than support staff and associates.
Contact us today for more information about our commitment to our real estate clients and success in pursuing their goals. We are known and respected throughout the Houston legal community.